[apparmor] Patch for apparmor.d.pod

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Fri Apr 1 20:26:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

Am Freitag, 1. April 2011 schrieb Steve Beattie:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 08:56:51PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 1. April 2011 schrieb Steve Beattie:

> > BTW: Is there a way to get a notification mail for all commits?
>
> Yes, go to
> https://code.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/master/+subscribe
> ; you'll need to edit the Notification Level setting to
> include revision notifications. (Annoyingly, you have to
> set up a subscription for each branch your interested in,
> e.g. to subscribe to the 2.6 branch commits, you have to go to
> https://code.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/2.6/+subscribe and
> do the same thing.)

Done, thanks!

BTW: I found an interesting issue while browsing the code in launchpad:

https://code.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/master

    Recent revisions

    1706. By Christian Boltz <cb at geeko> 1 hour ago
    [...]
    1705. By Steve Beattie on 2011-03-29

Is there a special reason why your name is linked to your user page,
while mine is not linked and instead has an additional "<cb at geeko>"
(that's my username and machine name) appended?

To exclude the most obvious: It has nothing to do with being logged in
to launchpad (tested with a different browser).

> Really, it's up to you: if you want the exception, we can discuss it.
> I personally think having others review my code makes it end up
> being better code, and so I (mostly :-) ) don't consider it a
> hassle.

That's exactly my opinion - having a review is always good.
(Reviewing commits in PostfixAdmin already prevented some funny
problems. I even review my own commits with an intentional delay of some
days - feel free to say that I don't trust myself ;-)

The only difference in PostfixAdmin is that I do the review after the
commit is done - so our policy is basically "ACK by default" and "NACK
is done by revert".

> Perhaps the way to go would be to see how it goes without the
> exception, and re-evaluate if you start to feel you're not getting
> timely reviews. Does that sound okay?

Yes, that sounds like the way to go.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wenn man bedenkt, dass die Leute vor 150 Jahren ihre E-Mails
noch bei Kerzenlicht geschrieben haben...