[apparmor] AppArmor 2.5.1 release candidate 3

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Thu Sep 16 18:50:28 BST 2010

I've pushed the AppArmor 2.5.1 release candidate 3 tarball to the
AppArmor project page on launchpad [1]. The tarball is available from:

  http://launchpad.net/apparmor/2.5/2.5/+download/apparmor-2.5.1~rc3.tar.gz

It should have the following md5sum:

  30e8778e08d1ceb01125f51b21a9e1ae

and a detached signature is available at

  http://launchpad.net/apparmor/2.5/2.5/+download/apparmor-2.5.1~rc3.tar.gz.asc

which should indicate it was signed with the AppArmor signing key,
for which the fingerprint is:

  31C1 A553 DAC7 2D85 DDEE  5BF7 8137 98B9 AC93 1271

The in progress release notes for the 2.5.1 release are available at:

  https://apparmor.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/ReleaseNotes_2_5_1

The differences between this version and 2.5.1 rc1 are:

  - fix the parser to invalidate its cache entries when included
    abstractions have been modified, as well as enable the parser's
    cache test suite.
  - fix the parser not to crash when run against the vanilla 2.6.36
    kernel version of AppArmor. (LP: #626984)
  - fix some compiler/build warnings.

Thanks for your patience!

[1] There is also an rc2 tarball that I hadn't announced before adding
    the fix for the parser crashing when run against the vanilla
    2.6.36 kernel. That is the sole difference between rc2 and rc3.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>