[apparmor] 2.5.1 build failure on Arch

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Wed Oct 20 00:32:19 BST 2010

On 10/19/2010 04:24 PM, Seth Arnold wrote:
> I think John meant /etc/fstab -- mtab just shows what mounts have been made (and by which user?) If I'm not mistaken, it predates /proc/mounts, and is still useful on systems that do not have procfs or have enough mounts that regenerating /proc/mounts is slow.

yep, mtab is certainly not the place anymore.  Either fstab or initscripts and the apparmor initscripts should be trying to mount securityfs.

Also I would avoid /etc/fstab if you are using mountall, it should work but there have been bugs in the past where custom kernels result in the system not booting, because mountall is blocking on trying to mount securityfs