[apparmor] 2.5.1 build failure on Arch

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Tue Oct 19 21:47:01 BST 2010

On 10/19/2010 01:24 PM, andrew thomas wrote:
< snip >

> Thanks for your reply John,
> The weird thing is that I am using the same .config file to build my kernels on ubuntu, debian & arch and apparmor works just fine on the first two.  Here is the security section.

okay definitely strange.  Let me get this straight, you build the same kernel on ubuntu, debian, and arch, and it works on ubuntu, and debian but not arch?

Does /sys/kernel/security exist in the arch kernel?

What of /sys/module/apparmor/parameters/  ?
if it does exist, what is the output of
  cat /sys/module/apparmor/parameters/enabled

>     #
>     # Security options
>     #
>     CONFIG_KEYS=y
>     # CONFIG_KEYS_DEBUG_PROC_KEYS is not set
>     CONFIG_SECURITY=y
>     CONFIG_SECURITYFS=y
>     CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK=y
>     # CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK_XFRM is not set
>     CONFIG_SECURITY_PATH=y
>     # CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX is not set
>     # CONFIG_SECURITY_SMACK is not set
>     # CONFIG_SECURITY_TOMOYO is not set
>     CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y
>     CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1
>     CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_COMPAT_24=y
>     # CONFIG_SECURITY_YAMA is not set
>     # CONFIG_IMA is not set
>     CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y
>     # CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY_DAC is not set
>     CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY="apparmor"
>     CONFIG_CRYPTO=y
>
> I am getting the source from git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-natty.git  and
>
>     patch -p1 -R < ../apparmorB.patch
>     patch -p1 -R < ../apparmorA.patch
>     git fetch
>     git reset --hard origin/master
>     patch -p1 < ../apparmorA.patch
>     patch -p1 < ../apparmorB.patch
>
> removing and reapplying the patches when I update because they rebase against Linus' tree. The two patches are the patches that I posted on pastebin in my last post.  What could be different about Arch that would make the kernels not work right?

That should work.  So if I install arch linux and pull ubuntu-natty.git and apply the patches and build under arch with your attached config, that would replicate what is failing for you correct?