[apparmor] AppArmor has been accepted into security-next for inclusion into 2.6.36

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Fri Jul 30 22:42:53 BST 2010

I'd like to say the subject says it all, however there are some caveats

The upstream version of AppArmor has been stripped down some losing
compatibility that maybe needed by distros have carried it in the past.

There are a couple of compatibility patches that we will be making available
that apply on top of the upstreamed version.

Also the tool update to work with the upstream version is a wip, some of
the patches have already landed in the user code repo, others will be
landing next week.

Thankyous to everyone who contributed and made this possible, especially
the reviewers who significantly improved the code with there review.
And a really big shout out to Tetsuo Handa of the TOMOYO Linux project
who did monster reviews, and contributed code too.

thanks again
john