[Vote] pictoric

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 27 11:46:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Alexander Kendrick
<kentalex8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I uploaded a new 2.3.1 release that integrates John and David's changes, and
> should also address the changelog incorrect developer email address issue.
> For some reason, quickly replaces my email address with my hostname when I
> run quickly package --extras on my machine. In case anyone else has similar
> issues. I fixed this problem by changing the entry manually, using debuild
> -S, then uploading the resulting .deb produced by launchpad's buildfarm
> after compiling the .source.changes which had the correct email.
> I'm sorry David's changes were not integrated sooner, I must have merged the
> bazaar branches incorrectly.

Thanks Alex.

Regarding the package changelog not getting updated I tried to test
the same on my precise system and I found no issues with quickly
package --extras with regards to email ID

In my system I get:

bhavani at bhavani-spagetti-monster:~/arb/pictoric-new/test$ cat debian/changelog

test (0.1) precise; urgency=low

  * Initial release.

 -- Bhavani Shankar <bhavi at ubuntu.com>  Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:50:07 +0530

And the quickly version I use on my system is

bhavani at bhavani-spagetti-monster:~$ apt-cache policy quickly
  Installed: 12.04-0ubuntu2
  Candidate: 12.04-0ubuntu2
  Version table:
 *** 12.04-0ubuntu2 0
        500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
precise-updates/universe i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     12.04-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386 Packages

Could you please let us know the version of quickly you are using?
also could you please let us know the bashrc entries wrt DEBFULLNAME
and DEBEMAIL env vars?

Apart from that, just quickly went through your updated PPA package
and found the below points:

- The debhelper version in d/control and d/compat does not match (6 and 8)

- The email ID specified in d/copyright is invalid

You might want to use:
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/ and
update d/copyright according to the latest specification

Also a lintian check on your package throws out the below warnings:

W: pictoric source: unused-build-dependency-on-cdbs
W: pictoric source: package-needs-versioned-debhelper-build-depends 8
W: pictoric source: debhelper-overrides-need-versioned-build-depends
(>= 7.0.50~)

Stopping the review here.

Abstaining from voting as of now

+0 here.


Bhavani Shankar
Ubuntu Developer       |  www.ubuntu.com

More information about the App-review-board mailing list