[ubuntu-art] General notice about Dapper artwork

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Fri Mar 10 14:47:07 GMT 2006

There has been an increase in mailing list activity, predominately in
two parts, one being more community contributed artwork and the second
in discussion about that artwork. I think this is great, though I have
two comments in regards to it.

First off a lot of work needs to be commited in order to create these
themed-packages which were discussed last weekend. As far as I know,
seeing from the wiki pages there are two which people have commited to
(SandSkater by Mikkel and Tango by myself). It would be great to see
some more work applied to these areas, either in the way of creating
another package or helping with an existing one.

Secondly, also my final comment, I have seen a lot of discussion
recently in regards to what people would like or not like to appear
art-wise in Dapper. Note that we as the immediate art team will not
have a large say in what goes directly into Dapper in terms or GDM,
splash, Metacity and GTK, wallpaper and so forth as default.

Cheers,
klepas

--
Pascal Klein