music players, was: totem won't play vob files

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Wed Jun 22 00:13:14 UTC 2005

Chanchao wrote:
> Yeah, me too. They want to create huge libraries and then try to find
> stuff using tags (that I mostly don't have filled in..) No thanks, I
> know where my music files are just fine thankyouverymuch..

Exactly. I hate players that suck you in and don't want to let you go.
Just play my music damnit.

> That one that came installed with Ubuntu (mplayer?) is particulary
> annoying. Virtually no control over how music is actually PLAYED (no
> equalizer, etc) just a huge database that I don't want and support for
> an iPod that I don't have. Then no dragging or dropping of files or
> creating a playlist on the fly by dropping some folders.  It's pretty
> yuckie. :)

mplayer is more of a video player really. gmplayer has a graphical
interface for it.

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier at digitaltorque.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix