fuzzy display

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Mon Jul 11 14:42:47 UTC 2005

On Monday 11 Jul 2005 15:33, Søren Hauberg wrote:
> Lee Braiden wrote:
> > On Monday 11 Jul 2005 15:08, Søren Hauberg wrote:
> >>Horiz. Rate (Analog):   30-81
> >>Vertical Rate:          56-75
> >>Native Resolution:      1280x1024
> >
> > You might try entering a slightly lower maximum for the Horizontal and
> > vertical rates.  Sometimes the quoted specs are a bit optimistic :)
>
> What would does that mean? I mean, should I say
> Horiz. Rate (Analog):   30-75, 20-81, or 20-75 (assuming 20 and 75 are
> good numbers)
> Vertical Rate:          56-70, 50-75, or 50-70 (assuming 50 and 70 are
> good numbers)

No, I mean, leave the lower numbers (30 and 56) alone, but reduce the higher
numbers (81 and 75) so that the card doesn't send data to the monitor at its
maximum specified rate, but slightly below that.

I'm not good with dotclocks etc., so I'm not sure what the lowest number is
that will still give you the required resolution.  I'm not even sure if LCDs
work the same way in this regard as analogue monitors, but it won't do any
harm to try.  Hopefully someone else will be able to provide more specific
details on this, if it's a worthwhile idea :)

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com