iMac network hardware

Rob Diehl diehlr at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 19 06:29:42 UTC 2004

OK, I ran lspci and apparently the chip name is "Paddington" which
encorporates a bunch of other I/O in the iMac. Or maybe this is just the
ethernet phy? It's the only thing I see related to a network chip of any
sort.

0000:00:10:0 Class ff00: Apple Computer Inc. Paddington Mac I/O

There's also:
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Motorola MPC106 [Grackle] (rev 40)   <maybe
sound? the sound chip is not being detected by ALSA, FYI>

The only other lines are for USB and the ATI video chipset. I'll file a
bug, I suppose.. but here is the info just for posterity (and cluttering
of inboxes :))..