Ubuntu community meeting on artwork: Monday 18 October, 1400 UTC on #ubuntu

Mark Shuttleworth mark at hbd.com
Sat Oct 16 01:51:59 UTC 2004

The discussion on this list, and in the web forums and IRC channel
regarding the artwork in the 4.10 (Warty Warthog) Release Candidate has
been vigorous and largely well-informed. I'd like to thank everybody
who's posted their views. There have been contributions from a wide
variety of opinions, and from both the developers of Ubuntu and end users.

Having read the mails and web discussions  (all of them) I think it's
worth calling for a community meeting on IRC to discuss this further and
reach a decision. I do love the expression "this is my decision and I
won't hesitate to take the wrong one". In this case it might even be
true, so if this is an important issue for you please try to participate:

  #ubuntu on irc.freenode.net (thanks to the good people at Freenode)
  14:00 UTC

I will put together a summary on the wiki of the arguments I've observed
thus far, so we can avoid a rehash of old ground.

By all means continue the debate and discussion in these lists/forums
till the decision is taken. I will try to keep up with everything that
is said here, and I expect the developers will continue to listen and
contribute too. We've not quite heard from everybody yet on the subject
but I suspect we are getting to the end of the novel arguments.

Cheers,
Mark