Still unable to create launchers in GNOME menu

Bryan Pizzuti bpizzuti at optonline.net
Fri Nov 12 19:10:10 UTC 2004

It's not working. I can create menus (folders) fine, but launchers
simply refuse to create. Period. Under my own user, root, tree, branch,
what have you. ;)

I'm running KDE now, simply because it's letting me edit the menu and
put in everything that doesn't make it into the GNOME menu (All the cool
little items from "universe" like LBreakout and SuperTux and
CircusLinux.  One must entertain oneself sometimes, ya know)..  This is
a serious annoyance, since about 66% of the apps I use use GNOME, but I
can live with that. But what's going on with the GNOME menu?