Are there any plans to palliate the interface shift on the transition from Unity to GNOME Shell?

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 14 12:04:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:19 AM, Alfredo Hernández <aldomann at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> In short, we are considering shipping a few extensions by default (nothing
> crazy; Dash to Dock and a couple more) to both improve a bit the UX, with
> the goal to ease the transition from Unity (also some of the criticisms on
> GNOME Shell are fair). But this still has to be studied further.

I need to jump in here before readers think this is more likely to
happen that it really is. I told Alfredo that I like the idea of
including something like Dash to Dock in the default Ubuntu install,
but that is my personal opinion and I would need to convince several
other people for this to happen. It is a very controversial idea.

Jeremy