Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 regressions

Emblem Parade emblemparade at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 06:12:29 UTC 2017

Actually. the SMPlayer crashes happen on X11, too, though less frequently.
If I click "next track" or sometimes just switching from fullscreen to
windowed, the Shell crashes. (Unlike in Wayland, the Shell restarts again
with all applications still open.)

More issues:

3. Changing the default app for Video Player in setting seems to have no
effect. (I switched from SMPlayer to VLC, but SMPlayer is still being used.)

4. In Nautilus it is impossible to change the default app to open a file. I
click on Properties, then Open With, and see a lit of all applications. But
even if I mark VLC and click "Set Default", it jumps back to SMPlayer.

5. The right-click menu for files in Nautilus shows the "Compress..."
option twice. Each option opens a slightly different dialog.