Fwd: Re: Proposal to drop 32-bit Ubuntu GNOME support after 18.04 LTS

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 2 07:53:02 UTC 2017

It is somewhat impossible to get solid stats due to the distributed
nature of OSS.  There is no way to track downloads from all the mirrors,
or how many users we have.

We still have users using 32-bit on amd64 capable hardware, but if you
exclude them the number on 32-bit only hardware by 2021 should be minimal.

There are plenty of distro's/spins who focus is on supporting legacy
hardware.

Tim