[2016-Goal#1] A NEW Server for Ubuntu GNOME

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Sat Jan 2 02:36:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

I believe the subject says it all. I personally can not accept nor wait any
longer for Ubuntu GNOME to have a NEW Website (we've been going back and
forth for ages now) and to have a new website, we need a new server.

https://austenite.co.uk/

This web hosting service is for a great friend of mine. His name is Kris
and he lives in the UK. Doesn't really matter where he lives.

Most likely, we need the "Advanced Plan" for 'more' bandwidth or maybe more
- not sure what kind of bandwidth do we currently have for where
ubuntugnome.org lives for now.

Whatever plan we need, that obviously can't be done without paying for that.

If I do have an income, I'd be more than happy to pay for the whole thing
but sadly, I have no income as of now. Beside, we're a community project
and we all should work together in my humble opinion.

We have been waiting for ages and it's getting very silly to live with the
current 'bad looking' website. I can NOT believe we need years just to do
one task, that's having a new website?!. Totally non-sense to me.

Why we need our own server and not use Canonical's one?
Simply because we shall have MORE freedom and choices.

Whether you agree or disagree with my idea, we do need a website to be up
and running soon.

If you agree, we need to donate. If each one of us donate 1USD, I'm sure we
can cover the cost :)

Looking forward for some serious useful feedback ;)

P.S.
Why I recommended Kris? I have been dealing with him for some years now and
I can vouch for him. Never had one single issue with him.

Ali