Ubuntu GNOME demographics

Thu May 21 08:35:02 UTC 2015

If all you care about is distribution, shouldn't unique IP addresses
to the website provide some info? You can never get full demographics
because of the phone home issue, but nor should you want to. Visitor
demographics to a website provide info enough. I like it how user data
is a private thing (or usage) until people come out, and then it is a
voluntary thing. A voluntary thing that can be called "contribution"
or "feedback", something that's a sure sign of love. User data or
usage data is stale and doesn't mean so much, but love (and active
involvement in one way or another (such as downloads or package
updates of course)) means a lot more. So measure interfacement, not
usage: usage is private.

Regards, Bart