Ubuntu GNOME demographics

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Wed May 20 09:00:38 UTC 2015

On 20/05/15 18:39, Patrik Bubák wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> where could I find a tool (if any) that would show some statistics on how many users and from what backgrounds use Ubuntu GNOME?
That info does not exist, tracking users of open source projects is next to impossible, atleast without including software that phones-home
data, which we don't do.

About the only data available is the number of downloads for packages on the gnome3-team ppa's (since they are not fragmented by mirrors)
however I suspect only a small portion of our users use the PPa's. Otherwise its really left to completely useless metrics like distrowatch and
numbers of social media followers