3.16 Legacy Notifications

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri May 15 06:10:23 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 02:45:47PM +0000, David González wrote:
> I'm with you though, just move it to the main notification tray; it
> feels like they are doing an awfully lot of work just to "be
> different".

Apparently this is not possible for complicated technical reasons (each
legacy systray icon is a separate X11 window and therefore you cannot
interact with them while a mouse grab is active, but you need a mouse
grab to implement popups such as the calendar/message tray).

Marius Gedminas
--
There is an almost obvious extension of interfaces that would allow formal
specification of arguments and return values.  We suspect it leads to the dark