Wiki - Forum love

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 17 12:14:33 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I had a good chat with Ryan (ubuntugeek) from the forums the other day
regarding wiki-forum interaction. We have made some efforts in the past
to bridge the distance between the two and ensure that both forum users
and wiki users benefit from the breadth of information available in each
resource.

Now we believe a further effort is needed. My idea was to make the
following pages a clear guide to aid people from the forum to post
material on the wiki in a wiki that is not going to cause disruption
with the current scheme:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DraftWikiGuide
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/forum

All members of the docteam who are interested in wiki work please check
out the former page and add your thoughts. When and if it is ready, we
can start linking it around the place and we can clean up the forum
delta page accordingly.

From the forum side, we can prepare a post to be made a sticky on the
forum explaining the system. Ryan has already implemented something
similar here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=104

That will get even better if we have a good guide on wiki style.

Thanks all,

Matt

mdke at ubuntu.com