Wiki Team?

matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Sat Jun 25 23:29:16 UTC 2005

I haven't had any replies on the suggestion for a wiki team which might be a
subteam of the documentation team, whose role it would be to try and keep
the wiki semi under control in terms of structure and organisation. I felt
that creating such a team would be a good idea in terms of getting people to
take responsibility for this job.

So I thought I would start a new thread to try and bump the idea, and will
raise it at the meeting next week, if there is one.

There are obviously lots of different jobs which such a team could fulfil,
of which I expressed some in my previous email. One other job came to mind:
categorisation of pages. It seems people have been putting pages in
categories, sometimes sensibly, othertimes a bit oddly. In any case, I've
noticed a number of categories being added that don't in fact exist[1], so a
job for a wiki team might be to keep track of categories and organise pages
accordingly, along with lots of other jobs.

Matt

[1] an example is CategoryDocumentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=
CategoryDocumentation&fullsearch=Text#preview