[long] Canonical are you serious?

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Jan 24 15:32:35 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:37:45AM +0200, Sean Wheller wrote:

> Now GNOME docs are not in SVN, but in CVS. Furthermore, the docs are stored
> with each app, usually under the directory appname/C/help/ . This means a
> vendor drop is not just one checkout, but many. Unless you want to bring the
> app src code into your repository too. In this case we don't need that so we
> just want the appname/C/help/ from each app in GNOME CVS. I have automated
> this and updates using scripts.

One more note before I start packing my things for moving back to Italy:
we may have further problems with working with application-specific
documentation.

It occurred to me just now that app-specific documentation may already
be part of the arch import the devels work on.  In that case, our
patches may clash with patches the devels are doing, and it may be wiser
to work with that arch repository or sending patches to the devels
instead of doing another branch ourselves.

If that is true (I can't check it atm, but mdz, mako or others please
confirm on this), we don't need symlinks and we would just need to work
with a vendor drop of the Gnome User's Guide
(http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/2.6/) which wouldn't need
symlinks, so we could do with any version of subversion and be all
happy.

Ciao,

Enrico

--