vmware

Benj. Mako Hill mako at canonical.com
Wed Dec 29 15:58:03 UTC 2004

I'm CCing the Ubuntu Documentation team.

<quote who="ireling" date="2004-12-28 14:21:58 -0600">
> I was turned onto unbuntu by a friend, and ran into the typical
> installation issue when trying to install under vmware 4.  I install
> many OSs off and on, and thus can't dedicate my whole machine to it,
> so I use vmware.  easy install, easy delete, but vmware 4 has issues
> with all distros of linux, and I felt a link i found would be
> invaluable to your community who is running a similar setup as
> me. ...
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?postid=858398
> this article explains how to get linux to install correctly, and by
> proxy get ubuntu to install correctly.  Please translate my finding
> to the proper sections of your page or forums

It sounds like Perhaps there is a FAQ question/answer waiting to be
written here. :) With our website and wiki, you can also just add this
information yourself! Check out http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/ to
have a stab at it.

Regards,
Mako