Current (rather sad) state of affairs

Alexander Poslavsky alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:44:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:32:30 +0200, Alexander Poslavsky
<alexander.poslavsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. User guide, a long guide in depth in doc-book. This should be in
> John's svn repo.
> 3. Quick-guide, a short guide 6000 words, more graphic then the User
> guide but still translatable. Translators do not want too many
> pictures as this is a pain to translate.

To make my own thread a little longer, one more mail on the difference
between the quick-guide and the User guide:

* Quick-guide -> key word is quick. This guide will in a couple of
words explain what is new + what we have on the cd, eg it explains
programs, *not* tasks.

* User -guide -> key word is user, what does the user want. The user
wants to do stuff. So we explain stuff. In detail if necessary.

Let's not make hybrids of these two concepts. A quick-guide is not a
bad and shortened user-guide and vica-versa.

This is how I see things and if i do not see really good
counter-arguments, then this is what I will work on. In John's
svn-repo if he doesn't kick me out.

greets, AP