Breezy needs YOU!

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Mon Sep 26 10:13:02 CDT 2005

Hi everybody,

Nearly half a year we began the work on Breezy Badger and we wanted to
create the breeziest, coolest Desktop environment there is. The release
is very highly anticipated, people loved the preview and we will
succeed: we'll meet the goals of
      * user-friendlyness
      * out-of-the-box workabilty
      * flash factor
      * and many surprising things more.

However, Breezy needs your help. We need to polish and fix up the last
bits to give our users the Ubuntu Linux experience they deserve.

Therefore we announce the "Desktop Team" - we will be the guys that are
the first contact for new users, we will create, beautify and organise
the most-visible parts of Ubuntu. If you always had a strong liking for
GNOME, for how desktop things are done or you are in touch with the
GNOME world, we desperately need you.

We will be a regular Ubuntu team with meetings, with a mailing list,
with bugs (oh yes, ...), an opinion how to do things and thrilling ideas
how to let the Ubuntu Desktop evolve.

According to a highly anticipated news-and-community-gateway (I won't
say no more here), it's 16 days until the release, so we have some
short-term goals, we'd like you to help us out with. Please don't
hesitate to join us, every bit of help is appreciated.

Our list of goals include:
      * we will triage and fix bugs on both http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com
        and http://launchpad.net/malone/
      * we will list new shiny desktop stuff we should have (no promise
        we'll get any of them in for Breezy)
      * stress-test our favourite desktop environment
      * discuss and fix issues and bring some good hackers in, knowing
        how different parts of the desktop work and able to reply to
        some specific questions
      * create a technical place/list with people having good knowledge
        about specific desktop parts

We will meet on Wednesday,  September, 28th  in  #ubuntu-love  until the
others throw us out.

Please note: this team will start cracking on Wednesday, 28th, but we'll
move on from there; for Dapper Drake we'll have a lot of fun and a lot
of time to make the most awesome things happen.

If you can already feel the warm, cosy Ubuntu feeling, please help us to
let everybody else feel it too. Spread the love!

 The Desktop Team Founding Members :-)