powernowd and laptop mode

Luis Lopez Lopez xuzo at ikossi.org
Mon Mar 28 10:15:02 CST 2005

Hi list.

At this moment when I boot my laptop disconnect from AC the laptop mode
is activated and powernowd is started.
Is this correct? I think the answer is 'no', reason:
- With powernowd running if I start some app powernowd puts CPU at max.
speed with the consecuent power consume.

I think that powernowd only should be started if laptop is connected to
AC, otherwise it should not be started and all the CPUs should be set to
min. frequency. For those who prefer the old behaviour a setting
from /etc/default/{powernowd,acpi-support} can do the job.

Opinions?

PD. I have an implementation of my ideas on my laptop if anyone is
interested.

--
Luis Lopez Lopez <xuzo at ikossi.org>