Linux magazin

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 11 06:06:44 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 07:55:31PM -0800, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> I haven't look  at an installation done from that dvd; but unless they
> really changed things around, in theory the apt source.list should be
> the default one, and the software update applet should be running. So
> I'm guess that whoever uses it to install Ubuntu  is simply one update
> away (and hundred of updated packages...) from the latest and greatest
> Hoary. At least I hope....

That excludes installer bugs, though, which can't always be worked
around by a simple upgrade; and DVD installations are, as far as I know,
entirely untested. It also occurs to me that they will almost certainly
be extremely fat unless you boot with archive-copier/copy=false ...

I'll see if I can pick up a copy at some point and try it out.

Cheers,