Dropping support for Mozilla suite

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 19 08:28:01 CDT 2005

Hi everybody!

We already have great fun with providing security updates for Mozilla
and Firefox for Warty and Hoary. This takes an incredible amount of
time and code knowledge, and nobody in the team is really familiar
with it.

So I think the best solution would be to demote Mozilla into universe
in Breezy. Of course we still have to support it in Warty and Hoary
(which is a different problem we also need to solve), but at least we
can reduce some pain in the future.

If people really want to use it, I'd rather upload new upstream
microversions to *-updates, which is much easier and also safer than
messing with tons of patches that don't apply any more.

Is anybody completely opposed to this?

Thanks,

Martin
--