Breezy Release Update (upstream version freeze TOMORROW)

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 6 05:23:31 CDT 2005

Hi folks,

Per http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyReleaseSchedule, upstream version
freeze is tomorrow. This means that we will cease to automatically merge
changes from Debian, the merge-o-matic will stop telling us about
changes in Debian that we need to merge, and in general we become more
cautious about accepting new upstream code so that we have enough time
to stabilise it for the Breezy release in October.

The following changes during this freeze have already been approved:

  * GNOME 2.12 (as with previous Ubuntu releases)

  * Linux 2.6.12.x point releases

For other upstream changes, please contact Matt Zimmerman or myself for
discussion and approval. New upstream versions necessary for other
Breezy goals will generally be accepted, but we may sometimes wish to
consider other options. For other fixes, approval will normally depend
on the relative complexity of accepting the new upstream version or
backporting the relevant change. We expect to allow a reasonable number
of exceptions early in the freeze, and tighten up as time goes on.

The deadline for pending merges from Debian to be complete was
previously 14th July, but since that falls during Debconf this will be
extended by one week. All pending merges from Debian must be complete by
21st July. If you have merge bugs assigned to you in Bugzilla, expect to
be nagged about them; unassigned merge bugs will be assigned over the
next week or so.

Cheers,