Ubuntu "unstable" (was: 2 questions about ubuntu + offering)

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) shot at hot.pl
Mon Feb 28 11:42:51 CST 2005

Hello.

Matt Zimmerman:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:15:29PM +0100, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:

>> Hm, Grumpy? At least that's what I gathered from yesterday's SABDFL's
>> post: http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/sounder/2005-February/001528.html

> Grumpy will actually be something a bit different; for example, Grumpy
> would not currently be the same as Hoary, but more bleeding-edge.

So, we'll have past and current stable releases (Warty now),
next-to-be-stable (Hoary now), the yet-unnamed unstable (currently
an alias for Hoary, since Hoary's release for Bendy, always an alias
to next-to-be-stable) *and* Grumpy?

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
  In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret 'non-technical user' as meaning
  someone who's only ever written one device driver.           -- Daniel Pead