Fluendo MP3 GStreamer Plugin in Main for Dapper?

HC Brugmans hcbrugmans at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 18:23:17 GMT 2005

<snip>

> Has anyone actually talked to the rhythmbox developers about making
> this a reality ala totem? I should think that's the most
> straightforward solution.

<snip>

The rhythmbox developers might consider it, might not. I've asked, and
the response was always "I'm not personally opposed, but there are a lot
of other contributors".
This situation is made worse due to the main developer of RB not having
internet at the moment.

Then again, none of this truly matters. The point here is if it is
legally possible and desireable for Canonical and/or the Ubuntu
Foundation to sign that contract with Fluendo and distribute the plugin.

I have not seen anyone who could venture an informed opinion on that
matter participate in this thread just yet, and untill the technical
board (or Mark, for all I care) awnser this question, all other points
are moot.

-Hidde