20050816.1 i386 Live CD Report

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Tue Aug 16 04:33:50 CDT 2005

 * No network setup, nor were any interfaces DHCPd
 * It asked me for my X resolution, additionally it didn't have my
default (1680x1050) selected, had 1024x768 and 640x480 selected, after
selecting 1680x1050 that resolution worked fine.
 * Had an update-notifier notice about needing to reboot after the
kernel install
 * "Please press enter to activate console" nto cleared before switching
to tty2 for stage 2 boot
 * Alt-Tabbing to a firefox window causes it to black out, when you stop
alt-tabbing or tab onto the next window it goes back to its image
 * Totem does not start (nv driver), complains it cant initialize the
video, theres an ugly glib ref error on the console - may be nv related
but usually the problems i've had with nv and Xv cause the application
to crash with an XBadAlloc message.

Applications Tested
 * Openoffice.org2 writer
 * gedit