gstreamer/totem: new packages

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at canonical.com
Thu Oct 7 10:57:07 CDT 2004

Hey,

The new gstreamer/totem released yesterday should improve
totem-gstreamer a lot.

According to the release not for totem:
"0.99.17:
* Great overhaul of the GStreamer backend"

Since it's the default player in warty I think we should do the update.

I've put new totem/gstreamer packages online (i386 + sources) here:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~seb128/gstreamer/

out of totem/gstreamer/gst-plugins0.8 there is also a new version of
speex (1.0.3 -> 1.0.4) which is needed for the new gst-plugins0.8
package. This package has few rdepends and is used in debian for ~ 2
months, so it should not be a problem.

It would be nice to have the packages tested by some people before
considering the upload in warty, so feedbacks are welcome :)

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher