donation to flavours in 2012

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Sat May 16 01:19:42 UTC 2015

On 05/15/2015 01:54 PM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 09:28:11AM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
\>> without Canonical and without infrastructure and without the work to
>> make Ubuntu's foundations work, there would be no Ubuntu and there would
>> be no flavours. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
>
> This was all committed too at the time these donations were collected.
> Was the money used on these existing budgets?  Because donations for
> "better support" would need to go on additional budgets not existing
> ones.

Or improving existing support, making it better.  Which means "better
support".  The wheel doesn't have to be reinvented every time.  You're
smarter than that.

"Money" is not an action item.  In order to spend it, there have to be
tangible goals or targets that funds will help realize.  This can
manifest in a billion different ways, but if Kubuntu had no requests to
make against the donations collected, it seems silly to complain that
Kubuntu hasn't seen the money directly.

Kubuntu had none of its funding requests accepted.  It also had all of
its funding requests accepted.  I get the vague feeling from the
discussion at hand that Kubuntu didn't have a need for additional funding.

But whether they did or not, this is still a discussion to be had
between Kubuntu developers and Canonical.  Perhaps the Community Team as
a starting point.

Not volunteer event organizers.

--
Nathan Haines