Canonical’s IPRights Policy incompatible with Ubuntu licence policy

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Mon May 4 17:25:33 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 12:42 PM, Randall Ross  wrote:
> In the time it took to write this thread, there could have been several
> meetings with Canonical legal and likely a resolution.

Those meetings have already happened, the CC had them. We have been
given Canonical's position on the matter and passed that on to those who
made the inquiry.

> ... This tells me that community processes aren't working, or people
> simply like to pontificate ;)

The process has run it's course, the only issue left is how people want
to move forward with the answer that has been given.

> Since UOS is imminent/now, how about someone on the CC stepping up to
> facilitate a Hangout on two topics:
>
> 1) Community process for raising/resolving legal questions,
> 2) The Jonathan Riddell question/thread.

The CC has an open Q&A session on Thursday at 1600 UTC, we will answer
as many questions as we have time for. We will not, however, spend the
full hour on this topic, nor will we be able to give a different answer
than has already been given.

In addition, there are Community roundtable sessions that will be
attended by some members of the Community Team at Canonical should
anybody wish to bring up topics not directly related to the CC.

Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com