[ubuntu-art] "Start here" button

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:30:31 GMT 2009

From: ubuntu-art-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-art-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of spg76
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 3:44 AM
To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] "Start here" button

I made a "Start Here" button. I only did the 22/24px to see how it look.
I still have to refine it a little but you can see how it look with
different themes at http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/113489/start-here.png

This looks ok but when a I saw it I had an idea - pure white Ubuntu logo
with black outline for dark themes would look very good (though some ppl
will say it's a mac thing) and in white ones could still be visible. Making
such a logo is very difficult as you don't know where the button will be
(top/bottom of the window) and you cannot make specific versions of it. Also
you don't have control of where that dropdown arrow appears.

Anton