[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] "gtk-media" buttons

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 21:11:58 GMT 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Oliver Scholtz <scholli_tz at yahoo.de> wrote:

> this

> ...?

> metallic

> start

> > > All right. Breathe in subject and start-here is a theme for you at
> > > moment :)
> > > I didn't talked about the power icons - I talked about the media icons
> > > like "play", "stop", "pause", etc. ;)
> > >
> > > They are in work or finished yet or is the plan to catch these from
> > > oxygen? If you're wishing I can do them with one of the three proposed
> > > kinds ;) Or a personal wish from you ...!?
> > >
> > > If you wish better I do a "start-here" icon so tell me how you imagined
> > > them:
> > > - A overwork of the Ubuntu-Logo?
> > > or
> > > - Something abstract?
> > >

> > Your numbered list is what made things confusing as the names are
> > associated with power options. Media icons are named gtk-media-*. ;)
> > What's your native tongue?
> >
> > For the "start-here" image we're looking for the Ubuntu logo done in a
> > style that fits breathe. 128px with good detail (some kinda dimensional
> > look) with sizes 48px on down.
> >

> My native tongue is german ;)
>
> So I take a look into the BZR "source-svg" and couldn't find these
> "gtk-media-* icons.
>
> NOW for stay clear ... :)
>
> You wish I do:
>
> 1) ... one of the proposed gtk-media-* icons (1. 2. 3. above) or with a
> special wish from you?
>
> 2) "start-here" with a fashion ubuntu-logo? (With dimensional you mean
> 3d?!) I think with 32x32, 24x24, (22x22) and 16x16 3d isn't well -
> better plain ;)

Generally a 3-d perspective shot is no good for smaller icons, so a simpler
rendering which reminds the eye of the perspective rendering is acceptable.
For examples of this, see the Breathe submissions page or look through the
icons available so far.

Cory has put much emphasis on "realism", so ideally you should ideally
create an icon which looks like an Ubuntu-logo-shaped object (which means
3D, yes; but not necessarily made as a 3D model).