[ubuntu-art] creamlooks-gtk

Sumit Agarwal sumit.chandra.agarwal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:14:36 GMT 2008

I fully agree. I like the OS X border-less style, but of course that
necessitates a compositing engine + drop shadows.

I think a very minimal window border would go a long way to
professionalizing and de-cartooning the GNOME desktop. As I see it right
now, the wide borders reflect the very annoying hard-outlined GNOME
style icons. This is a trend that seems to be self-perpetuating for no
good reason (look at the icon sheets for Firefox 3. See the Linux set?
Why are we making new icons that look like they're stuck in 1998?).

-Sumit