[ubuntu-art] creamlooks-gtk

xl cheese xl_cheese at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:47:14 GMT 2008

I saw this on gnome look a while back.  Would be a nice finishing touch to your theme!
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Union+Limited?content=74770

From: sebbil at gmx.deTo: ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.comDate: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:36:38 +0100Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] creamlooks-gtk
Thanks...I'll change the style of the scrollbars... The only problem is, that I'm working very hard at some other projects now...And the problem with non-gtk apps... I really don't know how to fix it... I'll contact the devels of the projects...SebastianAm Dienstag, den 18.03.2008, 09:50 -0500 schrieb Daniel Sargeant:
Thanks for the help; gtk_compile.sh worked.  I neglected to run configure the first try, just ran make and make install.  I really like how the menus and tabs have a consistent look.  I also like that the scrollbars have good visibility and that gtk color choosing is integrated into the theme.  The subtle gradients in the buttons and progress bars are nice as well,  but don't match the glossy look of the scrollbar.  You're probably aware of this, but the menus aren't unified in non-gtk apps like Firefox, and the top-left pixel is missing.  Also, default shadows in Compiz and Metacity's compositor create a shodow across the top of the menu, spoiling the unified look.  I noticed in the screen shot you configured compiz to render the shadow below the top of windows, which works well.  Metacity's compositing doesn't allow for that configuration, however.  Thanks for the hard work!Daniel