[ubuntu-art] meeting Thursday

Iacopo Masi iacopo.masi.list at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:28:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:19 PM, gp <giupenni78 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Il giorno lun, 03/03/2008 alle 18.16 +0000, "Iacopo Masi" ha scritto:
>  > Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] meeting Thursday
>  > To: "Discussion on Ubuntu artwork" <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
>

>  > On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Kenneth Wimer <kwwii at ubuntu.com>
>  > wrote:
>  > > Hi all,
>  > >
>  > >  It is time that we finally have a meeting as there are lots of
>  > things to
>  > >  discuss. I suggest this weekend Saturday, the 8th of March. Having
>  > it on the
>  > >  weekend might allow more people to attend. Perhaps sometime later
>  > in the UTC
>  > >  evening to accomodate more people in the Americas?
>  > >
>  > >  Likely topics include:
>  > >
>  > >   * GDM:  getting the bg inline with the wallpaper; new icons
>  >
>  > is the wallpaper official for hardy? if so it should replace the GDM
>  > bg....
>  > >
>  > >   * GTK:  tweaking the gtk themes and discussing clearlooks vs.
>  > murrine
>  >
>  > Yes I think here here is a lot of work do to.
>  > I can add some gtkrc suggestion that you can find in my package
>  > OranSun. The source you cand find here
>  > https://code.launchpad.net/~iacopo-masi/oransun-look/main
>  >
>  Very nice!!!
>

>  > I think imho
>  > that the curren Human-Murrine is too dark.
>  >
>  I agree with you.

Thanks...
I think we should use a similar GTK theme, maybe without stripes. I
have a gtkrc with no stripes here in local.
I think should fit the wallpaper..

Here some proof:

Oransun gtkrc with no stripe and Human icons:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iac_lizardking/2308265639/

Oransun gtkrc with no stripe and Tangerine icons:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iac_lizardking/2309071400/

Imho +1 for Tangerine...

>  gp
>

>  --