[ubuntu-art] hardy artwork

Nemes Ioan Sorin nemes.sorin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:04:52 GMT 2008

I don't wanna Aurora ...because of myself.

It's OK, is slow maybe, on my machine run just fine, I have to reaffirm
cos WE CAN USE Visual Proposals and Visual Enhancements from Aurora as
good ideas for the new Ubuntu theme.

btw Aurora is not highest rated in gnome-look (at GTK2) because of
engine(90% of users don't know about the difference between engine and
theme) but because the look. They like what they see.

For most users Aurora is a step forward in the right direction (as Apple
do for long time -> an intuitive, semantical UI (icons and icon groups)
- more than a logical(orthodox) one (with lots of text menus and
vertical / horizontal separators)).

Aurora is simple, round, clean, arrows on widgets are tringles not "V"'s
gradients are unobtrusive - scrollbars finally look good and personal
(not like old gtk scrollbars).

Maybe a fine tune of Murrina engine (I already have a Murrina
configurator ) can solve a lot of problems regarding -> bad contrast /
pale difference between UI parts with different functions.

So why we should "stamp" a foot in the back to something instead to
taken good things from inside. I am always concerned about "positivist
logic" on communities [...].

My proposal was to look at it's best parts not to ...adopt Aurora.

Also taking count on his popularity - that means they succeed in some
aspects and we can benefit from this. Just think about.

That's my lobby. Point.

On the other side "clearlooks hack" is a pretty nice proposal - no
horizontal separators - an other step in the good direction.

SorinN