[ubuntu-art] Ubuntulooks 2.0?

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Sun Jan 13 17:15:32 GMT 2008

..on or around Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 02:53:07PM -0600, xl cheese said:
> It would look just like this:
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=67957&file1=67957-1.jpg&file2=67957-2.jpg&file3=67957-3.jpg&name=Human+w%2Fgummy+clearlooks.++

the caramel brown of the window title really clashes with the more
redder brown of the progress bars in that screenshot. anyone else agree?
it looks like they come from two completely different palettes..

the FWD/BACK arrows are from yet another palette altogether.  as with
the current Human theme, we see the same problem with the archive icon
on the desktop and the caramel folder colour.. this looks ugly and
hacked together.

for the next iteration of the default theme, i'd be just as happy with a
unified colour palette of the above proposal as i would a whole new
design direction. we've seen some great palettes posted to this list in
the last couple of weeks. why not just pick one and run with it?

there's not much time left - perhaps a sane move at this late stage.

cheers,

julian