[ubuntu-art] meeting in 3 hours

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 10 17:39:56 GMT 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 18:16:24 Ken Vermette wrote:
> Excellent, thank you.
>
> Just a reminder; firefox has speelchak, so expact me speeleng tu bi rele
> baad een liv IRcee!

With all the non-native speakers I do not think it will make much of a
difference :p

> ... And in other possible topics to be covered, would a decision on
> application and environment skinning be appropriate (e.g. KDE, Firefox,
> WINE themes)? And additionally, now that were working with both Emerald and
> Metacity, how similar/different should themes for the different systems be
> treated (Would the default Emerald theme just be an antialiased version of
> the metacity theme, should it use transparencies or be more similar)?

Until now we have kept the themeing of apps at a bare minimum (becuase we want
to show support the upstream projects wishes and we want to keep the overhead
for someone who uses ubuntu to make their project as low as possible.

We could create differing themes for the window managers but I think that
keeping them as similar as possible would probably be a better idea.
Naturally when emerald can do something that metacity cannot and it is a
*really good idea* I see no reason to hold back.

--
Ken W