[ubuntu-art] MeMaker Theme Feedback Request

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Wed Jan 9 10:16:16 GMT 2008

..on or around Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 10:07:49PM +0100, Thorsten Wilms said:
> Hi!
>
> I'm working on a semi-realistic MeMaker theme and could use some
> feedback. I have been staring so long at this ... somehow it seems to be
> off but I can't quite put my finger on it.
>
> http://thorwil.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/memaker_face_08.jpg

because both eyes are the same size and dimension on the pixel plane
- yet the portrait is in turned pose - the face appears 'flat'.
this is reinforced by the fact we use the eyes as a primary reference
when looking at a face: it doesn't matter that other elements might be
in balance.

taper off the right corner of the right eye to reflect the fact our
faces are curved, not flat. as another poster suggests, also move the
left eye down a little and all should be well.

cheers,

julian

--
http://julianoliver.com