[ubuntu-art] Theme Update

Andrew Laignel a.laignel at ukdotcafe.com
Sun Jan 6 14:46:31 GMT 2008

julian wrote:
> i also do not believe in the brown; it seems to offend too many to
> justify
> investment as a basis for design. given that a brown-based theme is
> unnegotiable it is hardly worth debating here however.

It's a bit of a quandary isn't it?  I do believe you can do a nice brown
theme - my problem with most of them is that the brown overpowers
everything.  It's why I've got so much whitespace as a balance.
> a 'hue-wheel' however might be just the medicine for the great number of
> Ubuntu users that dislike brown on their desktop. based on a few tests with
> Gimp i think Ken's Union theme and this theme would well in this regard:
>
> 	http://mossblaser.deviantart.com/art/Ubuntu-8-04-GUI-Design-Idea-7257460
>
> cheers,

I definately think this would be a good idea.  It's pretty trivial to
change the theme to be identical but with a different hue.  I made a
blue version in about 5 minutes.  Providing 6 or so colour presets might
be a good solution to the problem so if they really do hate the brown,
they can change the colour without having to find their own theme.