[ubuntu-art] Moving things forwards.

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 02:30:27 GMT 2008

Who wrote:
>> Dude you are just spinning your wheels, because I don't understand how
>> nything up to this point can be called brilliant. I don't claim to know what
>> to implement to get this project back on its feet. But the fact is that we
>> are more then two months into a six month release cycle without anything to
>> show for it.
>>

> Can I point you to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/ThemeTeams as
> a potential solution
>
> Why is it good? Because if we are developing additional themes in
> teams we don't have to wait for official acceptance/say to do things.
> Making a community theme is very rewarding (seeing people running it
> that you don't even know!) and it seems the best way that this team
> can have an impact on the style of the desktops Ubuntu users look at.
> The default artwork needs to serve specific purposes that sabdfl has
> in mind, so he has to be able to exert control over that - but if we
> do community themes, we can just make them rock.

Absolutely! :)

> Ubuntu has a process for making new packages available to users. There
> is no reason we, as a team, can't follow that and have our artwork
> included in universe (or eventually in main, perhaps?) :) Being
> default, well, that's a different story

Main vs. Universe means nothing.

Blubuntu and UbuntuStudio-look both live in Universe. There's no reason
(other than lack of a packager) community developed themes can't get in
universe. I'd be happy to help anyone with questions on how to do this
as I've had to do it for Ubuntu Studio.

-Cory \m/