[ubuntu-art] Moving things forwards.

Andrew Laignel a.laignel at ukdotcafe.com
Thu Jan 3 02:16:49 GMT 2008

I think votes are valuable.  Not for seeing who likes a theme but rather
who hates it.  Any overly stylised theme is going to polarise people
into love it/hate it camps which should be avoided at all cost.  Ideally
a default theme should not be even noticed by the public - being neutral
and innofensive as possible should be the goal.  A perfect demonstration
of this is Apple, where the current theme for OSX is crips, clean,
stylish and probably as neutral as you can get - no loud colours,
drastic layouts or hard edges.

This problem befell the Compiz logo effort.  I really hated the new one
and thought the 2nd choice was a much stronger effort.  While the second
choice did not elicit an equal poisitive response, it also did not get
the same level of hatred as the 1st choice.

http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=2921 <-- thread in question.