[ubuntu-art] artwork for the Ubuntu idea brainstorming website

Nicolas Deschildre ndeschildre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 22:31:10 GMT 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 9:46 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 20:30 +0100, Nicolas Deschildre wrote:
>
> Heh, thank you :D
> I will send you PNG and SVG in a separate mail. But note that I might
> tweak it later on, after looking at it with fresh eyes.
>
> On to the bugs:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2008/01/01/ubuntu-brainstorm-4/

The last one is good! IMO the branding is almost obvious, and the
triangles of the branding targets the bug, symbolizing the "most
hated" adjective. I can't see a more obvious symbol to a software bug
(but I can be wrong, english is not my first language).
I think that in order to stress more the meaning of the triangle
actually pointing to the bug, the triangle may go deeper on the circle
- or the circle can be larger - so that the center angles of the
triangles get through the circle and are a bit off the circle.
Other than that, it is ok!

Thanks again,

Nicolas