[ubuntu-art] Please change "Delete" icon

Nacho de los Rios nachodelosrios at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 08:42:17 BST 2006

> > Maybe in the US the association seems clear, but even that I doubt. I
> > assure you that, in Spain, people will always wonder what that strange
> > icon is for. And I'm sure that for anyone that has not received an
> > overdose of american movies where the baddies shred the docs while the
> > CIA agents are in the elevator, the image will be obscure at best, even
> > if it were clearly drawn.

> I'm also from Spain, and there are shredders in almost every office
> I've been, it's not only an American association, but I see your point
> and I think it's a valid one.

Sure, there is ONE in my company too, in the desk of THE girl that uses
it. The other 25 workers (hardware and software engineers, electricians,
support personnel) never EVER use it.

Somebody said he's from Spain, too, and his mother and his sister
recognised the shredder and its purpose just fine. Well, maybe his
mother and sister work in a company where there is a shredder, and they
might even use it at times. My teenage nephews failed to recognise it
(there is not a shredder in their home) and my mothers and sisters
didn't either, untile clued (there is not a shredder in the high schools
where they work as teachers).

We need something with INSTANT IDENTIFICATION, not a game of guessing.