[ubuntu-art] Re: Usplash Gone Wild!

Markus Majer mm at mpathy.de
Tue Dec 20 07:44:42 GMT 2005

leon schrieb:

>I can't notice anything new in the screenshot.
>
>Viper550 <gthompson at cogeco.ca> writes:
>
> | Everyone, you've NEVER seen Usplash until you've seen it like this:
> | http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=528&slide=2
> | It's a supposedly Ubuntu based distro with a strange boot process, but
> | just look what they did to Usplash, I never knew it could do /that/!
> |
> | Maybe for Dapper we could try something that extreme for our bootsplash!
> |
> | Viper550

I also can't notice anything new ;o) Viper550 if you would use 5.10 than
you would see something like this too

To be real, it looks butt-ugly, I cannot see any signs of design
thoughts in this pic..
Please stay with the current Splash..

If you want to make it more bling-bling, you can make shaded / then
couloured icons of whats happening right now..
For example network things coming up.. Or the hard disks..

PS: Again, if my mail doesnt get trough please forward it. Thanks!